Friday, October 9, 2015

Buckaroo news for October 5th to October 10th

Hello Families!  I apologize for no post last week!  I had trouble logging onto our blog and posting all of our great thinking last week.  This was a week full of learning and imagining and rather than telling you all about it, I'm going to help you with some questions to ask your child in hopes that he/she will tell you about his/her week.  I know they are exhausted when they come home each night and it's easy for them to say "nothing" to your question of "what did you do today?"  These questions may help to guide your conversations:).  

Possible Questions for Rich Conversations with Your Child:)

What are you working on in Writer's Workshop?  Tell me about Mrs. McNeal's story about Fireflies.  How did you rate it?

How much of the Phonics Dance can remember without seeing your word wall?  What is your word study team working on?

How are you like Johnny Appleseed?  How are you not like him?  Do you think he was a hero?  Why or why not?

What part of Math Workshop is your favorite part and why?  

Can you name the five parts of the Daily Five?  Which one do you think you'll want to do most days?

Tell me about Lulu.  How is she like you or how is she not like you?

Reminders:

October 12 - Book Orders due

October 12th - Book-in-a-Bag comes back to "shop" for new books

October 14th - Parent/Teacher Conferences -  If you don't remember your time please let me know.

October 29th - Pumpkin Fun!  I'm looking for six volunteers that would like to get their hands all messy and gooey with pumpkin goo along with four first graders.  I would need your help the morning of the 29th.  I will take the first six volunteers...GO!




He did this during Morning Menu.  I chose a book and wrote about a character named Ike.  Ike is smart, gooey, creative, flexible thinker, and his favorite thing is ink.  We are really working hard to think on  a deeper level and this little guy is showing his understanding by relating those thinking skills to characters he's reading about in books!

It was my sharing day.  I could not pick which book to share.  I chose the Princess Party story.

We made applesauce and we ate it.  We used our five senses.  We studied about Johnny Chapman so we decided to make applesauce to celebrate him on his birthday.  

We made Johnny Appleseed art.  We got to be creative.  The artist wants you to know that the little blue dot is a bluebird.  

No comments:

Post a Comment